We are recruiting – a teacher for January 2022 and Learning Guides from November 2021
Teacher for January 2022
We strive for excellence ……… do you?
West Oaks School, a 2-19 special school, is a brilliant place to work and learn. We are about to embark on another incredible chapter in our school history as we consolidate our offer across three sites and create provision for 500 pupils with SEND in Leeds.
We are looking for a class teacher to join our Team in January 2022 and we will be advertising again in the New Year for teachers to join us for September 2022.
We have high standards and high expectations and we always put the needs of our pupils first. We strive for Excellence for Everyone at West Oaks, whether it be pupil, parent, carer, staff or community member. Our school is a happy and healthy place to learn and work.
In the last 14 years, West Oaks has achieved four very positive Ofsted visits and earned National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation in 2017, but we constantly strive to achieve more.
Teaching Talent is our most important asset, and we are looking for more high-quality teachers to join our school team from September 2021(MPS/UPS + SEN allowance of £3339).
West Oaks is an over-subscribed SEN School and due to our recent completed £10million expansion and acquiring a third site, our pupil numbers will increase to 500 by September 2023, creating the largest SEN School, in the UK. To ensure our high-quality provision is sustained, we are looking for staff to join our team who can translate their experience across our school and really have an impact on pupil learning.
If you are highly skilled, enthusiastic, ambitious, energetic, dedicated to raising achievement and ready for a challenge we would like to hear from you. SEN experience is not essential but a commitment to get it right for every one of our pupils is.
The successful candidate will:
- be or aspire to be an outstanding practitioner.
- be a Primary/Secondary teacher who can transfer their experience to a specialist setting.
We are looking for a teacher who is ready to take on an exciting new challenge and embed outstanding practice within an already established provision which has extremely well-resourced classrooms and teaching areas. You will be supported by highly professional staff with a strong team ethos.
Should you be successful in securing a post at West Oaks, you will receive:
- 100% job satisfaction.
- a significant amount of support from our highly experienced team to enable you to enhance your skills towards being the very best teacher you can be.
- an effective induction programme to support your transition to the specialist environment and specifically West Oaks.
- quality continuous professional development both within school and externally in relation to your role
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Microsoft Surface Pro laptop for school and CPD use whilst employed by the school.
- £3,339 SEN Allowance
West Oaks currently operates across two bases – Boston Spa Learning and Woodhouse Learning and we are adding a third site at Headingley Learning from September 2022. If appointed, you will link directly with the Principal/Vice Principal/Heads of School to ensure high quality outcomes for our pupils.
A school visit is highly recommended. Our school website will give you a flavour of the school but if you would like to find out more, do come and visit us on:
22nd September at 5pm at Woodhouse Learning, Crowther Place, Leeds, LS6 2ST.
Please email [email protected] to book your place. Closing Date: Monday 4th October at 12 noon. Interviews: Tuesday 12th October.
We are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Learning Guides (Teaching Assistants) for November 2021
Are you looking for a rewarding role in our school?
West Oaks School is recruiting, and we really want to hear from you. If you have experience of working with children or young people with SEN or you are willing to learn and develop new skills, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our Team.
If you can you put the needs of our children first and commit to our “Excellence for Everyone” philosophy and approach, please get in touch.
We have opportunities at our Boston Spa and Woodhouse Learning sites.
We can offer you:
- Rewarding and enjoyable work.
- An opportunity to work with our amazing children.
- Opportunities for future career development as we have a recognised progression and pathway programme for our Associate staff group.
- An experienced staff group who work as part of a team to drive improvement and raise standards for everyone within our school community.
- A high-quality programme of continuous professional development.
- The opportunity to work in an outstanding school, (Ofsted Outstanding 2007,2012, 2017)
- Work in a leading-edge SEN school that is expanding capacity to 500 pupils.
- An environment that creates teaching and learning opportunities for everyone (we view the environment as the 3rd Teacher), and we are improving facilities on all our sites.
We are committed to safeguarding and we see this as the Golden thread that drives everything we do. We also promote the welfare of all our children, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Any candidates who have lived or worked overseas in the last 5 years, will need to provide an overseas criminal records check from the country/countries they have resided in, if they are the preferred candidate. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Applicants may download application forms and information from the school website: westoaksschool.co.uk. Application forms should be completed in full, CVs will not be accepted. Completed application forms should be returned the school marked for the attention of Liz Mason, or by e-mail to:[email protected] by the closing date, Monday 4th October at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held w/c 11th October 2021
Learning Guides – B1 Point 4-6
Permanent Posts – required from November 2021.
32.5 hours per week TTO + 5 training days
Actual salary (under 5 years’ service) £14,272.16 – £14,848.83
Information for all adverts