We are recruiting Teachers and Learning Guides
Do you believe in ‘Excellence for Everyone’? At West Oaks we do!
West Oaks School, a 2-19 special school, is a brilliant place to work and learn. We are about to embark on another incredible chapter in our school history as we consolidate our teaching and learning offer across three sites and create provision for 500 pupils with SEND in Leeds.
We are looking for class teachers to join our team for September 2022. We have posts available at our Headingley Learning site which opens its doors to four classes in September 2022 and will eventually grow to 120 pupils over three years.
We are committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
We have high standards and high expectations and we always put the needs of our pupils first.
We strive for Excellence for Everyone at West Oaks, whether it be pupil, parent, carer, staff, or community member. We would expect all our staff to share our values as our school is a happy and healthy place to learn and work.
In the last 15 years, West Oaks has achieved four very positive Ofsted visits and earned National Autistic Society (NAS) accreditation in 2017, but we constantly strive to achieve more.
Teaching talent is our most important asset, and we are looking for more high-quality teachers to join our school team from September 2022 (MPS/UPS + SEN allowance of £3339). We especially welcome applications from KS1 and Early Years practitioners.
West Oaks is an over-subscribed SEN School and has benefited from approximately £30 million investment from the LA to expand and build new provision three times in the last 5 years. As we increase our pupil numbers to 500, taught in 50 classes, across three sites by September 2024, we will ensure our high-quality provision is sustained by recruiting teachers who add value to our organisation.
We are looking for staff to join our team who can translate their experience across our school and really have an impact on pupil learning. If you are highly skilled, enthusiastic, ambitious, energetic, dedicated to raising achievement and ready for a new and rewarding challenge we would like to hear from you.
SEN experience is not essential but a commitment to get it right for every one of our pupils is.
The successful candidate will:
- be or aspire to be an outstanding practitioner.
- be a Primary/Secondary teacher who can transfer their experience to a specialist setting.
We are looking for teachers who are ready to take on an exciting new challenge and embed outstanding practice within an already established school, which has extremely well-resourced classrooms and teaching areas. You will be supported by highly professional staff with a strong team ethos. Should you be successful in securing a post at West Oaks, you will receive:
- 100% job satisfaction working with our amazing pupils and staff group.
- a significant amount of support from our highly experienced team to enable you to enhance your skills towards being the very best teacher you can be.
- an effective induction programme to support your transition to the specialist environment and specifically West Oaks School.
- quality continuous professional development both within school and externally in relation to your role.
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme and a Cycle to Work scheme.
- Microsoft Surface Pro laptop for school and CPD use whilst employed by the school.
- MPS/UPS + £3,339 SEN Allowance.
From September 2022 West Oaks will operate across three bases – Woodhouse Learning, Boston Spa Learning and Headingley Learning. If appointed to the school, you will link directly with the Principal/Vice Principal/Heads of School to ensure high quality outcomes for our pupils.
Our school website will give you a flavour of the school but if you would like to find out more, do come and join our virtual tour on: Thursday 13th January at 5.30pm at Woodhouse Learning, Crowther Place, Leeds, LS6 2ST. Please email liz.l[email protected] to book your place.
Application closing date: Thursday 20th January 2022 at 12 noon.
Interviews: February 1st or February 2nd, 2022.
Teaching Assistant (Learning Guide)
If you can put the needs of our children first and commit to our “Excellence for Everyone” philosophy and approach, please get in touch.
West Oaks School is an over-subscribed SEN school and is expanding onto a third site, and we are recruiting again, and we really want to hear from you.
Do you want to work in a rewarding environment and really add value to our pupils learning experience? Whether you have the experience of working with children or young people with SEN or not; if you have the patience, aptitude, energy and are willing to learn and develop new skills we want you to apply.
We have immediate opportunities at our Boston Spa and Woodhouse Learning sites and at Headingley Learning (from September 2022).
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work with our amazing children.
- Rewarding and enjoyable work.
- Opportunities for fast-track career development as we have a recognised progression and pathway programme for our Associate staff group.
- An experienced staff group who work as part of a team to drive improvement and raise standards for everyone within our school community.
- A high-quality programme of continuous professional development.
- The opportunity to work in an outstanding school, (Ofsted Outstanding 2007,2012, 2017)
- Work in a leading-edge SEN school that is expanding capacity to 500 pupils.
- An environment that creates teaching and learning opportunities for everyone (we view the environment as the 3rd Teacher), and we are improving facilities on all our sites.
- Thirteen weeks holiday a year.
We are committed to safeguarding and we see this as the Golden thread that drives everything we do. We also promote the welfare of all our children, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Any candidates who have lived or worked overseas in the last 5 years, will need to provide an overseas criminal records check from the country/countries they have resided in if they are the preferred candidate. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Applicants may download application forms and information from the school website: westoaksschool.co.uk. Application forms should be completed in full; CVs will not be accepted. Completed application forms should be returned the school marked for the attention of Liz Mason, or by e-mail to:[email protected]
Application closing date: Monday 24th January 2022 at 12 noon.
Interviews: w/c 31st January 2022
Learning Guides – B1 Point 4-6
Permanent Posts – required from March 2022
32.5 hours per week TTO + 5 training days
Actual salary (under 5 years’ service) £14,272.16 – £14,848.83
Information for all adverts